Date: 11th March 2013 at 11:34am
Written by:

Orient secured their seventh away victory of the season as they beat relegation battlers Shrewsbury Town.

Goals from Mathieu Baudry in the first half and a third strike in three games from Kevin Lisbie were enough to send the 382 away supporters back to east London happy.

O`s boss Russell Slade went for a more attacking formation after the successful exploits of the 4-5-1 formation in the previous three games, as he went for a more conventional 4-4-2 shape.

The home side started brightly, with a seemingly direct approach and had the first opportunity of the game inside 10 minutes when Chris Porter went close with a glancing header.

After the opening moments to O`s started to control the game with a more considered passing approach than their opponents. Lee Cook provided the first real chance for Orient as his cross found Kevin Lisbie in the penalty area, but he failed to test the keeper after collecting the cross in excellent fashion.

Dean Cox then rifled a shot towards the top right hand corner of Chris Weale`s goal only for the Shrews keeper to pull out a fine save to deny the winger. Cox`s was playing a significant role in the game as he later had a penalty shout turned down. Cox thought he was brought down when in the box but the referee had adjudged that the former Brighton man was himself guilty of simulation.

But Cox wasn’t to be denied as he played a pivotal role for the O`s opener. From a corner, he played a quick one-two with Cook, which allowed him to curl a ball into the path of Baudry who glanced his fine header into the bottom far corner.

The Shrews almost got a goal back just before the break but Jamie Jones had to be on good form to deny Shrews starlet Jon Taylor after his shot was deflected into a dangerous area.

The visitors manage to wrap up their victory seven minutes into the second half. From another Cox corner, Romain Vincelot was hacked down in the penalty area by David McAllister as Vincelot looked to attack the delivery. Up stepped Kevin Lisbie for the second time from the penalty spot during the week to slot home.

It was now up to the home side to chase the game, but their direct approach was lacking in any real and sustained danger to the Orient goal. Arguably it was the O`s who could have stretched their lead.

Cox had a shot on his weaker foot land agonisingly wide and finally deep into stoppage time Charlie MacDonald spurned a great opportunity after Moses Odubajo had set him up.