Date: 18th March 2013 at 3:13pm
Written by:

Leyton Orient repeated their scoreline from earlier in the season, as they once again defeated Carlisle by four goals to one.

Goals from Romain Vincelot, Shaun Batt, Kevin Lisbie and Dean Cox gave the O`s victory in emphatic style, with Matty Robson getting a consolation for the visitors.

Orient began the match as they hoped to go on. From an early corner, Nathan Clarke forced Mark Gillespie into action in the Carlisle goal.

But the visitors came to play, and Brad Potts forced a reaction save from Jamie Jones after his swerving effort looked to be dipping on target.

Mark Gillespie`s controversial afternoon was about to begin as he was adjudged to have handled the ball outside the box as he was forced to pick up the ball after pressure from the O`s frontline. Despite his protests the referee booked the Carlisle stopper.

The Cumbrians then had a great opportunity to break the deadlock. From a Jon-Paul McGovern free kick, Romain Vincelot couldn`t make clear contact with the ball and saw his attempted clearance clip his own post with Jamie Jones beaten. From the resulting rebound Martin Rowlands hacked away from the goalline as a Carlisle attacker drilled a shot back towards goals.

Orient started to gain control of the match after the close shave at the other end. And they eventually got their reward with 32 minutes on the clock. A passing move allowed Moses Odubajo to play the ball to Dean Cox down the right flank who then curled in a delicious ball perfectly met by Vincelot who thundered the ball past a helpless Gillespie.

And the home side took full control of the match on the stroke of half time. A throw from the right hand side of the Carlisle half was put into the box and was not dealt with by the United defence. It eventually fell to Cook on the edge of the area, who with great composure waited for the perfect opportunity to roll the ball back into the six yard box where Shaun Batt couldn`t miss.

Carlisle came out looking for a way back into the match but were unable to really create any clear opportunities with their best chance falling to youngster Mark Beck who was unable to steer his header on target.

Cox had a great opportunity to finish the game three minutes before the hour mark, but he shot straight at Gillespie when free on the right hand side of the box.

But Orient weren`t going to be denied for much longer Charlie MacDonald made an immediate impact for the O`s.

Lee Cook, who was having an influential game, played a clever chip ball for the former MK man to run onto. One on one with the keeper in the area, he attempted to round him but he was upended by Gillespie. The referee had no choice to award the penalty and send Gillespie off for a second yellow card as a result.

Adam Collin came on as substitute goalie, but could not prevent Kevin Lisbie slotting the penalty home.

The O`s then attempted to see the game out with 20 minutes left by trying to keep possession for lengthy spells. But they were punished for their lackadaisical approach as Leon McSweeney passed the ball into the path of Robson, who after a surge down the left wing, cut in and fired an excellent low drilled shot past Jamie Jones into the bottom right hand corner of the goal.

The home side then re-clicked back into gear, starting to attack the ten men of Carlisle. David Mooney went close with a run and shot which cannoned off the bottom of the post, which was then quickly followed by a disallowed goal for Charlie MacDonald as he was adjudged to be offside.

The goalscoring was finally wrapped up a minute from time, as the impressive Cook played the ball across the penalty area where it found its way to Cox who swung the ball into the bottom right hand corner to seal an impressive victory.